With the heat of summer soaring high, the appetite for salad increases.
Nothing is better in the heat than a zesty light summer salad bursting with flavour but will keep you cool.
Zesty lemon, nutty garlic, crunchy broad beans and soft courgette creates the salad that tastes of summer.
The Recipe – Serves 2
200g broad beans
Zest and juice of half a lemon
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
– Boil a pan of water, add the broad beans and boil for 2-3 minutes.
– Drain the beans and place them in ice cold water. Once they have cooled, remove the skins and place the broad beans in a large bowl and add the lemon zest.
– Slice the courgette into 1/2 cm slices.
– Heat olive oil in a griddle pan.
– Griddle the courgette slices for a few minutes on each side until softened a little. Add to the broad beans.
– Roughly chop the garlic and add to a bowl with the lemon juice and oil. Mix together then drizzle on the salad.
– Mix everything together and eat.